Kingdom Leadership Principles:
“Followership of Jesus = Leadership”
- Kingdom Perspectives
- Kingdom Principles
- Kingdom Practices
- There is only one King and you are not Him.
- Jesus is far above all heavenly rulers, authorities, powers, and lords; he has a title superior to all titles of authority in this world and in the next. (Eph. 1:21)
- Sovereign means that Jesus is the King of King and Lord of Lords. (Rev. 19:6). Don’t get between Jesus and His subjects.
- You are not a leader… you are a follower of a leader. You influence people to follow King Jesus through your example, through your words, through your prayers, through your love, through your enthusiasm.
- Therefore anyone can be a follower. We are here to connect people to Jesus and once they are connected to Him… He leads them. The only way we “lead” is by helping people connect to Jesus. Discipleship is leadership. I follow Jesus and help others to follow Jesus.
- Followers are born to be made- Mature disciples are influencers for the King. We lead people to Jesus for salvation and we encourage them to get connected and stay connected to Him so that He can lead them.
- None of “it” is yours (church, offerings, gifts, buildings, people, vision).
- The role of a servant- So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.’ Luke 17:10- Don’t fool yourself into thinking you have any rights to anything.
- The role of a manager: A person should consider us in this way: as servants of Christ and managers of God’s mysteries. 2 In this regard, it is expected of managers that each one of them be found faithful. We are here to manage His affairs. (1 Cor. 4:1)
- To represent King Jesus you must spend time with Him.
- Orders and specific mission plans come from the Supreme Commander
- To connect people to the Head you must be connected to the Head
- The Church is the Body of Christ!
- All the parts need to be connected to the head
- All the parts need to be connected to all the other parts (locally/ regionally)
- All the parts need to be connected the mission “Be Fruitful and Multiply”
- God’s word, not “Business Weekly” is our textbook (Make sure the ladder of success is leaning up against the right wall)
- You have heard that it was said, but I say to you…
- The Kingdom of God is not like the kingdom of man (upside down kingdom)
- The way up the ladder is down (Example of Jesus- Phil. 2)
- Connect people to Jesus (UPWARD- He is the head)
- Preach the Gospel
- Parental concern and follow up with every believer
- Connect people to One Another (INWARD- The Body is Formed)
- Groups/ families are formed
- Gifts are discovered/ developed and used (Chores)
- Connect people to the Mission (OUTWARD- The Body rises up and serves)
- The body connected to the head and all the parts working moves up and out into the world and serves the world
- Miracles occur through His spiritual gifts and the world sees and takes notice. The Gospel is shown and shared at the same time. God gives the increase.